Sunday, August 3, 2008

Starting a new ministry at Wesley UMC, Medford


It has been over three months since my appointment to Wesley was set by Rev. Aida Fernandez and Bishop Peter Weaver. I have lived in West Medford for two years while studying at Boston University School of Theology and have have been friends with Pastor Kristin White for several years. I was even present in the congregation on the day Kristin announced that she would be moving to Wayne, Maine to begin a full time appointment to the UMC there. So when Rev. Fernandez asked if I would be interested in taking Kristin's place at Wesley, it felt just right. I look forward to getting to know this unique congregation, to learning more about the Korean culture as well as getting to know all the members, especially the English speaking members whom I will serve as worship leader and pastor. I'm hoping to reach out into the Medford community to find others who might like to become companions in Christ with us for worship, Bible study and more.

No comments: